Amenities to Enhance Your Stay
Honey Bear By The Sea has all the amenities you could want at an RV and Campground Resort. Join us at The Lodge, Honey Bear’s chalet-style centerpiece, featuring The Bear’s County Store and a game room with a big-screen TV and DVD, pool tables, dartboards, and tons of fun nightly! And of course, our restrooms, showers, and laundry facilities are clean and offer plenty of hot water.
Inside Our Park
- Enjoy board games, puzzles and poker at our designated tables.
- Cub’s playland with swings, slides, jungle gym, and tetherball.
- Numerous hiking and biking trail’s for all levels of experience.
- Enjoy some campfire fun. S’more stuff available inside Bear’s Country Store!
- Feel free to take a book or leave a book at our lending library.
- Enjoy our horseshoe pits, basketball hoops, and our large open meadow for an afternoon football game or group get together.
- Lounge around and just do nothing, just like the bears do.
- Shoot a game of pool or play a round of foosball in The Bear’s Game Room.
- Catch a great game on one of our big screen TVs (seasonal).
- Stargaze with the clearest night skies on the Oregon coast.
- Stroll our private trail to the beach. (Bring your dog!)
- Observe wildlife, such as our resident herd of elk, deer, otters, birds, and more.
- Enjoy complimentary berry picking: raspberry, marionberry, blueberry, and even huckleberry.
- Mushroom hunting, lobsters, and chanterelle.
- Experience the excitement of seasonal storm watching on Oregon’s wild coast.
- Enjoy our open volleyball nets or shoot hoops at our basketball net (seasonal)! (Equipment provided at the Lodge)
- Explore a photographer’s paradise.
- Enjoy our seasonal blooms.
- Fly a kite in our expansive meadows or at the beach (kites available in Bear’s Country Store).
- Relax by our multiple ponds, springs and creeks.
- Worship, your way, at our wayside prayer sanctuary.
Local Attractions - Adventures All Around
At Honey Bear by the Sea, you’ll enjoy our endless and always changing activities here in the resort and throughout Southern Oregon’s Wild Coast. Scroll down to check out a few of the activities just outside the resort.
- Whale watching
- Rogue River Jet Boats
- Beach combing for shells, driftwood, agates and other treasures pushed up by the sea
- Crabbing and Clamming
- Sport-fishing or kayaking on the Rogue River
- Ocean sport-fishing for Tuna, and rockfish
- World famous Rogue River Salmon and Steelhead fishing
- Take a day trip to shop Coos Bay
- Explore and fish Smith River, Hunters Creek, Pistol River, Chetco River
- Unlimited trail heads for all of your hiking and cross country cycling needs
- Visit the Prehistoric Gardens
- Explore Gold Beach’s eclectic shops
- Visit the largest bookstore on the pacific coast
- Enjoy our annual county fair
- Ride your bicycle up the historic 101 Oregon Coast Bike Route
- Miles of spectacular uncrowded beaches to walk
- Visit Arch Rock a local historic monument
Fish With Our In-house Guide!
Looking to book a fishing trip directly from the resort? We are lucky to have an expert local guide stay with us every summer! Check out his website and book a guided fishing trip today!
Ophir & Gold Beach
Miles and miles of pristine sandy beaches, sea stacks, and tidal pools surround Honey Bear by the Sea. Whether you want to take photos, go fishing, explore, or just take in the beauty of the Oregon coast, these beaches will not disappoint.
Rogue River Jet Boats
Just a few minutes down the road from Honey Bear you will find one of Oregon’s coolest attractions – Jerry’s Rogue Jets. This family fun activity allows participants to choose their own adventure and experience all the rogue River has to offer. With speedy jet boats that allow you to learn the history of the region, go up the whitewater, and see the abundant wildlife you won’t want to miss this.
One of the most unique tourist attractions on the Oregon Coast, the Prehistoric Gardens is great for young and old alike. Just ten minutes north of Honey Bear lies an untouched prehistoric garden complete with 23 life size dinosaurs set among a lush 300 year old Oregon rainforest. The self-guided tour allows you to casually stroll along the path and discover what the Earth was like millions of years ago.
Cedar Bend Golf Club
This 9-hole mentally engaging course features 3,000 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 36. Designed by John Zoller, the course opened in 1971. The short layout will reward good shots and provide a fun golf outing for everyone.
Fishing & Boat Charters
Anglers from around the US come to Gold Beach to catch steelhead, salmon, halibut, and more as they migrate to and from the sea. Guided fishing charters can be reserved for the ocean or the river, depending on the time of year and the type of fishing you are looking to catch. Whether you are looking to go out for a few hours or want a full day of fishing, multiple fishing charters offer a wide range of guided fishing excursions. You can see a complete list of the 20+ operations by following the link below
Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date on special discounts, upcoming events, and so much more…